We're Always Hiring!
Open Position: Environmental Planner
EPD Solutions, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Planner specializing in environmental review under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) with project management experience assisting Lead Agencies and managing the preparation of environmental documents for our Irvine office.
EPD Solutions, Inc. is a nimble, entrepreneurial, and full-service consulting firm that is involved with all stages and types of real estate development. We are a team of self-starters, we are tenacious in following issues to resolution and answering difficult questions, we care about each other’s and our clients’ success and we take ownership of our role at EPD and of our projects on which we are involved. We create, integrate, visualize, and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. At EPD we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places. If you feel these traits speak to you make you want to join our high-performing team, you will be a natural fit for EPD.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Write various sections of environmental documents and review/edit other sections prepared by technical specialists
- Assist project managers in scheduling technical specialists for field surveys and monitoring efforts
- Conduct site visits and field assessments to evaluate project sites for environmental constraints andprepare clear and concise summary reports to summarize results
- Provide compliance tracking and report preparation for environmental compliance projects
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and identify improved procedures to assure client needs are met effectively
- Compile and organize administrative records and project files
- Assist with marketing materials and proposals
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and principals throughout the company to promote EPD’s business interests in adherences to its mission, vision, and values
- Contribute to expanding EPD’s professional reputation in environmental consulting and research.
- Successful candidates for this position will be motivated self-starter’s who can work independently and part of a strong team
Education & Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental planning or a related field. Master’s degree a plus, but not necessary.
- Three to four years of progressively responsible and applicable experience preparing CEQA documents desired.
- Working knowledge of CEQA and California land use regulations.
- Excellent written, logic, organizational, oral, analytical, and document management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel as needed for projects throughout California.
- A desire to produce the highest quality work products is essential; you will need a demonstrated personal commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Willingness to learn, have fun, and grow into increased management responsibilities.
- Experience with local government, transportation, water, and infrastructure projects.
- A thorough working knowledge of all components of CEQA and a broad understanding of other state and federal regulations.
- Experience with coastal issues, and public involvement and presentation skills are also a plus.